A stunning design, pro-level camera, emergency SOS capabilities and more make the iPhone 14 one of the best and most sought-after smartphones in New Zealand. If you’re lucky enough to call one yours, read on to learn solutions to any problems that may occur. Now that it’s been a while since its release, we’ve worked out five common fixes. As an Apple iPhone Authorised Repair specialist, here are some things you may encounter.
Battery Life Issues
The iPhone 14 has an extraordinary battery life, but if you notice your iPhone 14 battery drains quickly or takes longer to charge than expected, there are a few things you can do.
- Check if apps are running in the background that may be draining your battery. You can do this by double-clicking the Home button and swiping up on any app to close it.
- Reduce your screen brightness, disable background app refresh and turn off location services for non-essential apps as these can all affect battery life.
- Make sure you are using Apple-only charging products.
As we’re still getting hot weather in New Zealand, overheating can be a problem. If your phone feels hot to touch, it may be overheating. This can damage the phone’s internal components, so it’s essential to address the issue immediately.
- Remove any protective cases or covers that may be blocking the phone’s ventilation.
- Keep your phone out of direct sunlight.
- If it persists, close all apps and restart the iPhone 14.
Wi-Fi Connection Issues
If your iPhone 14 won’t connect to Wi-Fi, try turning off your Wi-Fi and restarting your phone. If that doesn’t work, try these two steps.
- Check your Wi-Fi network is working correctly and that your phone is within range.
- Reset your network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
The iPhone 14 camera can capture incredible shots. If this isn’t the case, it may simply be a dirty camera lens that needs cleaning. If not, try the following.
- Restart your phone.
- Close any camera apps.
- Reset your phone’s settings to the factory defaults.
The A15 Bionic chip is the best yet. However, if your iPhone 14 freezes or crashes, try restarting your phone or closing any running apps. If that doesn’t work, here’s what to do.
- Reset your phone to the factory default settings.
- Update your phone’s software or restore it to its original settings. However, back up your data before restoring your phone to avoid losing any valuable information.
If these solutions don’t work, bring your phone to Service Plus, your Apple-authorised iPhone repair experts. Bring your phone into the store or post it via courier for a diagnosis and repair. Log your repair today.